Feb 28, 2011
A HOME AWAY FROM HOME. ANCIENT TREES. ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY. HISTORICAL HOME.
Location: Near Choiseul, south-western coast of St. Lucia Island on the Caribbean Sea
Airport: Hewanorra International airport; 20 mins away
Passport: British, Canadian, and French nationals do not require passports for entry into Saint Lucia on short stays (up to one week). The US nationals require a passport to travel to St. Lucia.
* The best way to get around the island is to rent a vehicle. You will need a local permit, which costs US$ 22 and is valid for three months (unless you have an international driving license)
* A 4x4 is necessary for certain hiking trails and beaches
* Driving in St Lucia is on the left
* Most vehicle rental agencies have offices at the airports and require the driver(s) to be a minimum age of 25 and have three years of driving experience.
* Local bus service is available but with limited routes.