Feb 26, 2011
DHARAVI SLUMS. MUMBAI
An economically innovative and self-sustaining slum shantytown in the middle of the city of Mumbai.
CHAOTIC. LABYRINTHS AND MAZES TO NEW DISCOVERIES. VIBRANT. MODEL OF FUTURE URBANIZATION
* To tour the village, you must do so with a guide. Navigating is extremely difficult and you can get easily lost.
* No cameras allowed during this tour.
* This tour isn't for the faintest of hearts. Littering, a lack of sanitation and other related problems persist from the sheer high volume of people living together in a condensed concentrated area and also from a lack of proper utility, sewage and hygiene services.
* To better understand the daily life and its people of Dharavi, please read this article.
* Dharavi Slums' future remains uncertain as the city government and developers hope to bulldoze and redevelop with modern skyscrapers and condos. Visit before it's too late!
* Be open-minded and non-judgmental. You will find warmth and kindness of the local people.
http://www.realitytoursandtravel.com: An organization that gives back to the people of Dharavi by setting up educational facilities and collaborating with the NGO's working in Dharvi . A several touring options are available to better accommodate your time, budget, and experience.