Click on it for a better view
Web: http://jejulife.net and http://www.jejuweekly.com
Location: The western half side of the Island of Jeju from the western shore to 99 or 1139 highway (also known as 1100 Road ), South of the Korean Peninsula
* Daily direct flights from South Korean Peninsula / Japan / China with Korean Air, Asiana Air.
* Daily direct flight from South Korean Peninsula with Jeju Air and Jin Air
* Ferries from southern coastal cities of South Korea.
Car rental - only leased to those with a Korean license or an international driving license
Taxi - outside of the major cities, they are rarely seen
Bus - download the route schedule and information:
1. At Jeju Airport, to go the Tourist Information Desk to learn about the local bus system, lodging options and its reservations, and pick up some local maps.
2. If you don't speak Korean, I would advise to pick up a language guide book.
3. The summer is the peak tourist season. To avoid the crowds, I recommend visiting during late May and September into early October. The weather is still great for hanging out at the beaches.
4. If for some reason the bus you have been waiting for never arrives, then I suggest hitch-hiking. But use this method as a last option. Overall, Koreans are friendly to and intrigue by foreigners. Show the map to the driver where you need to go or to the nearest bus station.
5. For affordable accommodations, I recommend to stay at pensions, which is like a motel/inn usually with a small kitchenette or min-bauks, which is like a motel with a home-stay feel. Pensions are typically nicer than min-bauks.
6. Jeju(do = island) makes an ideal getaway for a few days during your visit on the mainland of South Korea. Not to get overwhelm during your visit, I have decided to only highlight the western half of the island for you to leisurely enjoy your island experience.
Map of the west half side of the island* To learn about public Shamen rituals and ceremonies held at various dates and locations throughout the island, read this article:http://jejulife.net/2008/11/11/jejus-shamans/ and then contact the writer: Brian Miller email@example.com to learn about the the upcoming events.
* Beach information: http://jejulife.net
Jeju(si = City ) Area
Located on the northern shore, east of the city with the best view of the sunset
Iho Tewoo Beach
West of the airport and also open during at nights
Dongmun Traditional Market
1. Yeha Guesthouse
Conveniently located a block away from 1132 highway, 5min walk from Intercity Bus Terminal, and 5 mins drive away from the airport. It offers multi-language service: English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, and Korean.
2. Hotel Wind & Sand
3. Neulson Parktel
5 minute drive from the airport.
4. Nepadory (condo style min-bauk )
5 minute walk to Iho Beach
Web: www.nepadory.co.kr (Korean)
5. Hotel Hite
Aewol and Aewol-eup Cities
Ollie Resort and Spa
About 20-25 minutes drive west along the coast from the airport in Aewol
A luxurious resort on the coast overlooking the Pacific
Jeju Polaris Pension
Out on the country side in Aewol-eup
Web: www.jejupolaris.com (Korean)
Hallim City Area ( West Coast )
A beautiful beach with turquoise blue water and white sandy beach located south of Hallim City center.
South of Hyeopjea Beach and just as beautiful with turquoise water
Info: Info: http://english.tour2jeju.net
An island just off the shore in-between Hyeopjae and Geumleung Beaches
Botantical garden, cave, etc.
Spirited Garden Bunjae Park
An impressive bansai park created with a labor of love by one man, Mr. Sung Bum Young
Olle Nature Walking Trails
Trail routes 14 and 14-1
1. Jeju Hyuang Namu Min-bauk
2. Sky Hotel
Right on Hyeopjae Beach
3. Hae Jo Dae Pension
Located right on Hyeopjae Beach with a great view from your room. When you get off the bus, you will notice this place right away.
4. Sam-seong Min-bauk
Adjacent to Hallim Park
Jeoji Village Area ( Southeast from Hallim City )
Jeoji Orium or also known as Dakmoreu Orium
A beautiful wilderness area perfect for two hours of hike
Olli Nature Walking Trail
Trail route 13
Jeoji Art Village
Daejeong City Area ( Southwest Coast )
Sangbang Cave Buddhist Temple
A natural cave that has been transformed into a temple
Dan(san = mountain)
Hidden behind more famous Sangbangsan (Mountain)
Sangbangsan Hot Spring Spa
A beautiful view of the sunset behind the Sangbansan Mountain and it's not crowded.
Ollie Nature Walking Trails
Trail route 9
1. Equus Motel
Near by major tourist attractions and on Ollie Nature Trail Route 9
2. Silver Star Hotel
Jung-mun Area ( where 1100 Road / 99 Baun deadends on the south )
Map of Jungmun Complex
* This is the area to stay if you are looking for the 5-star luxury hotel experience.
An unusual hexagonal rock formation created by an erosion of the ocean, wind, and waves.
Cheonjeyeon(pokpo = waterfall)
Quite an impressive site to see after a heavy rain.
Yeomiji Botantical Garden
The best botantical garden on the island
Yakcheonsa Buddhist Temple
Although built recently in 1987 (entirely out of wood), it is still an impressive site to see. Climb to the 3rd floor to see 18,000 tiny Buddha figurines.
Ollie Nature Walking Trails
1. Haila Pension
Web: www.hailapension.co.kr (Korean)
2. Gold Beach Pension
Web: www.goldbeach.co.kr (Korean)
3. Dream House Pension
4. Geckos Pension
Located north of the city out in the countryside.
Mount Halla Area ( center of the island )
Seogwipo Forest Resort Area
A few kilometers southwest base of Mount Halla off of 1100 Road / 99 Baun
* Offers over-night accommodation and pension stay
Mount Halla Hiking Trails
Trails on the west side:
1. Eorimok Trail: http://jejulife.net/2008/12/03/climbing-the-eorimok-trail/
2. Yeongsil Trail: http://www.jejuweekly.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=286
* Chonja-am Temple: http://jejulife.net
Yeon-dong, located south of the Airport off of northern 99/1139 Highway.
A quirky and over-the-top sex themed park with sculptures in various positions
1. December Hotel
2. Diamond Hotel