The best of Ann Arbor ( The home of University of Michigan )
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan; 50 mins drive NW of Detroit and 25 mins away from Detroit Metro International Airport.
Parking info: Downtown Development Authority
* Bar hours: Avoid paying for parking in downtown by parking at a city's open lot, which closes down around 11 or 12am. Parking ramps are typically operational 24 hours and charge accordingly.
* Free parking on Sundays at all city's lots and ramps.
* University owns & manages their own parking facilities throughout the city.
* To avoid paying the heavy parking costs in downtown during the day and evenings, consider the option of parking outside and commuting. Ann Arbor Transit Authority (AATA) provides the following options: http://www.theride.org/parkandride.asp
- www.amtrak.com : Train station located outside of the downtown.
- http://www.greyhound.com : Bus station located in the downtown
- In downtown, best to walk or bike around
- Taxi cabs
- AATA's City Bus
- The U of M Bus - University manages their own bus system designated for their students & faculty.
1. Aut Bar & Restaurant: A great place to enjoy brunch on Sundays out in the courtyard.
2. Broken Egg: Breakfast joint.
3. Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger: Fresh meat and unique toppings.
4. Grange Restaurant: Specializes in locally grown food.
5. Zingerman Deli: The best gourmet sandwiches and cheese in town but pricey.
6. Afternoon Delight: Brunches, salad bar, and sandwiches.
7. Northside Grill: Serves great breakfast.
8. Maize n Blue Deli: Best Reuben Sandwiches!!!
9. Angelo's on the side: A great breakfast and lunch
10. Whole Foods Grocery: Best salad bar in town but it's located outside of downtown.
11. New York Pizza: Best greasy pizza and also sold by slices. It's open til 4am.
12. Cafe Zola: Open all day but serves great brunch with Turkish influences.
13. Frita Batidos: Modern Cuban inspired and American affairs & brunch on the weekends
14. Kosmo Deli: American spin on Korean food.
15.azzy Veggie: Creative vegan food.
16. The Earle: French bistro and also serves country style Italian.
17 Jolly Pumpkin Cafe & Brewery: American classics done right!
18. Satchel's BBQ: Southern style BBQ
19. Mani Osteria: Wood oven fired gourmet pizzeria
1. Arirang: Affordable home cooked Korean meals but it's located outside of downtown.
2. University Cafe: Cheap home cooked Korean meals.
3. Cafe Japon: Japanese comfort food, the best French pastries, & variety of tea
4. Totoro Japanese: Affordable sushi and a limited Korean menu. The best Bibimbop in town.
5. Earthen Jar: Indian vegetarian buffet. $5.99 per pound
6. Shan-e Punjab: Small Indian restaurant with a few tables or take-out
7. Jerusalem Garden: Affordable Mediterranean affair.
8. Yamato: Great sushi & sashimi but pricey.
9. Zeidan's: Middle Eastern food & bakery.
10. BTB Cantina: Mexican. One of the few joints that's open after the bar hours.
11. Blue Nile: Ethiopian. Vegetarian option available
1. Dominick's: Sangria and awesome outdoor seating on the porch and back patio, but on the down side, they are only open from spring and summer into early fall.
2. Aut Bar: A gay bar but attracts a mix crowd.
3. Blind Pig's: One of the oldest alternative music scene bars in Ann Arbor. A variety of live acts perform here - Mc's, Dj's, bands, etc.
4. Palio: Average Italian food that's overpriced, but they have a great rooftop patio.
5. Rendez-vous Bar and Restaurant: A hookah bar with a great rooftop patio and good affordable food.
6. Ashley's Pub: A great little bar with Cheers' vibe to enjoy a pint of Guinness with friends.
7. Old Town Tavern: A hole in the wall friendly bar and restaurant.
8. The Cavern Club: A night club and also houses other bars/clubs in the building.
9. Necto: One of the few night clubs in downtown and specializes in electronic music.
10. Casey's Tavern: A locals' hangout and eclectic bar food menu.
11. Heidelberg: German beer hall and great food.
12. Jolly Pumpkin Brewery: The restaurant closes at 11 or 12 but the rooftop patio closes at 2am. Facebook
Comet Coffee in Nickel's Arcade
1. Tea Haus: Tea shop and next door cafe serves tea and desserts.
2. Momo Tea: Bubble tea.
3. Cafe Japon: Fantastic selection of tea and French pastries
4. Comet Coffee: Facebook page
5. Moon Winks Cafe
6. Pastry Peddler: Coffee and pastries. Facebook page
7. RoosRoast Coffee Works: Coffee and tea
8. By the Pound: Small store that sells great coffee in bulk
9. Coffee House Creamery: Coffee and ice cream.
10. Eastern Accents: Asian bakery.
11. Big City Small World: Bakery
12. Cupcake Station: Cupcakes and other desserts
1. Bella Rosie Boutique: Hip second hand clothing shop.
2. Found: A small vintage shop & art gallery
3. Mudpuddles: Fun, educational children's toy & book shop
4. Ecore Records: A great selection of hard to find used vinyls and cds. The friendly staff is very knowledgeable and often, they are musicians themeselves.
5. Underground Sound: A small independent shop that sells new and used selective vinyls. Facebook page
6. Sparrow Market: Organic meat & produce. Fun place to look around.
7. Dawn Treader Book Shop: Specializes in unusual and rare books.
8. West Side Book Store: Rare, collectible, unusual books found here.
9. Downtown Home and Garden: I can spend endless hours in here. That much fun!!
10. Pot & Box: Gardening & Floral shop. Be inspired and fall in love with this gem!
11.Wizzy Wig Collectibles: Japanese anime collectibles, toys & movies.
12. Beer Depot: Must-stop for beer lovers & sells wine as well.
13. Middle Earth: Fun knick knacks. Posters, jewelry, post cards, etc
14. Get Your Game On: Video games & rental, tournaments, etc.
15. Produce Station: Flowers, plants, grocery, bakery, wine, etc.
16. Kerrytown: houses restaurants, shops, grocery shop, cafe, etc
Things to do:
1. Michigan Theaterer: Independent & art films.
2. State Theater: Independent & art films.
3. Farmer's market: Open all year round.
4. Gullup Park: Canoe rental.
5. Matthaei Botantical Garden
6. Upcoming summer events: Hosts various events
Alley graffiti art
Uniquely Ann Arbor:
1. Hash Fest.
2. Naked Mile Run.
3. Festifools: Street parade of foolishness.
4. Home of independent record label: Ghostly International http://ghostly.com/.
5. Sunday Artisan Market.
6. Alley graffiti art: The entrance is next to Michigan Theater on Liberty St; behind the theater.
http://www.fritabatidos.com ( Winnie Jeng )